This 8-week 8-session (~10h) course is part three of our Pranayama & Meditation series. Accredited by YAP as a CPD programme for yoga teachers, it is created for those, interested to dive deeper into the higher limbs of Ashtanga yoga such as Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, and Dhyana. This part of the courses will explore yogic concepts of Ashrama, Svadharma, Gunas, Mudras, Prana, Vayus, and Kumbhaka. We’ll continue progressing with earlier learnt techniques and experience new ones.
- Ashrama and integration of this concept into your daily sadhana.
- Dharma, Svadharma – life’s divine purpose and practices to embody it in your life.
- Gunas – theory and practices towards spiritual involution.
- Mudras – essence, philosophy, and practical exercises.
- Prana and vayus – concepts, their functioning within our subtle body & practices.
- Kumbhaka – definitions, purpose, types, inspiration, and technique.
- Progressing with previously learnt together practices:
- Pranayama: Nauli and Kapalabhati Kriya; Nadi shuddhi, Stage wave breathing, their bandhas, mudras, mantras, and more advanced ratios.
- Meditation: Kundalini Chakra meditation, Trataka, and Sacred objects meditation.
- Exploring new techniques:
- Pranayama: Ujjayi Pranayama of Kayvalyadama, Brahma mudra, Bhramari mudra, Shan-Mukhi mudra, Pratilom Ujjayi, Simha mudra, Sitali, Sitkari, and Kumbhaka.
- Meditation: Krishna meditation, Svadharma, and Six-stage double up waves.
Inspiration for this course
This course is compiled by Irina based on her almost 20 years of consistent learning, practice, and teaching. Some of the scriptures used as a guide and as an inspiration are Gheranda Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Yajnavalkya, Bhagavad Gita, Mahabharata, Yoga Sutra, Samkhya Karika. In addition, great works of the modern yoga masters helped to make this programme thorough and helpful to its students: Gregor Maehle (Irina’s major influence and direct teacher), A.G. Mohan, Theos Bernard, Georg Feuerstein, Desikachar, Pandit Tigunait and others.
- Graduates of our level 1 & 2 Pranayama & Meditation courses.
- Yoga teachers and teacher trainees, versed in some Pranayama and Meditation. Kindly send your request before signing up to email@example.com.
- The course is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK as a CPD programme.
Irina Pashkevich Bourdier, the founder of Iriness and a Senior Yoga Teacher and Teachers’ Trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Irina has been a dedicated steadfast yoga practitioner for more than 20 years, teaching since 2008. She is a direct student of Gregor Maehle and her teachings reflect his to the best of her ability. Visit the About page for more information about Irina.
- 8 weeks 8 sessions: April 10th, 17th, 24th; May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th.
- Sunday mornings from 9am to ~10:15am .
- Sessions will be recorded and available for viewing during 30 days.
Course investment is £78.
Register & Pay