This 5-sessions course (~10 hours) is part 3 of our Pranayama & Meditation series. It is created for the dedicated yoga practitioners, teachers and teacher trainees, interested to dive deep into the intricate practices of the higher limbs of Ashtanga yoga. Part 3 of our series will explore yogic concepts of Ashrama, Svadharma, Gunas, Mudras, Prana, Vayus, and Kumbhaka. We’ll continue progressing with the learnt earlier techniques and will explore more of the life transforming practices of yogic Pranayama and Meditations. We’ll also explore Buteyko and Oxygen advantage breathwork. As all other courses of Iriness, this one is also accredited by YAP as a CPD for yoga teachers.
- Ashrama and integration of this concept into your daily sadhana.
- Dharma, Svadharma – life’s divine purpose and practices to embody it in your life.
- Gunas – theory and practices towards spiritual involution.
- Mudras – essence, philosophy, and practical exercises.
- Prana and vayus – concepts, their functioning within our subtle body & practices.
- Kumbhaka – definitions, purpose, types, inspiration, and technique.
- Progressing with previously learnt together practices:
- Pranayama: Nauli and Kapalabhati Kriya; Nadi shuddhi, Stage wave breathing, their bandhas, mudras, mantras, and more advanced ratios.
- Meditation: Kundalini Chakra meditation, Trataka, and Sacred objects meditation.
- Exploring new techniques:
- Pranayama: Ujjayi Pranayama of Kayvalyadama, Brahma mudra, Bhramari mudra, Shan-Mukhi mudra, Pratilom Ujjayi, Simha mudra, Sitali, Sitkari, and Kumbhaka.
- Meditation: Krishna meditation, Svadharma, and Six-stage double up waves.
- Breathwork techniques of Buteyko and Oxygen Advantage.
Inspiration for this course
This course is compiled by Irina based on her almost 20 years of consistent learning, practice, and teaching. Some of the scriptures used as a guide and as an inspiration are Gheranda Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Yajnavalkya, Bhagavad Gita, Mahabharata, Yoga Sutra, Samkhya Karika. In addition, great works of the modern yoga masters helped to make this programme thorough and helpful to its students: Gregor Maehle (Irina’s major influence and direct teacher), AG Mohan, Theos Bernard, Georg Feuerstein, Desikachar, Pandit Tigunait and others.
- All of you, who have completed part 1 and 2 of our Pranayama & Meditation courses.
- Yoga teachers and teacher trainees, versed in some Pranayama and Meditation – kindly apply if you haven’t completed our part 1 and 2 yet. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- The course is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK as a CPD program and provides educational credits to yoga teachers.
Irina Pashkevich Bourdier, the founder of Iriness and a Senior Yoga Teacher and Teachers’ Trainer Pro with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Irina is a student of Gregor Maehle and her teachings reflect his to the best of her ability. Visit the About page for more information about Irina.
- 5 Sunday sessions from 10am to ~12pm.
- Dates: June 18, 25. July 2, 9, 16.
- The sessions will be recorded and available for 3 months.
Course investment is £78.
Please pay with the link below and then register for the classes you’ll attend live, in order to receive a link to the class. The system will guide you to our booking MomoYoga (or download the App).